CREATE YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER
Are you interested in raising money for childhood cancer research? The Arms Wide Open Childhood Cancer Foundation (AWOCCF) funds The Truth 365 campaign, ensuring that 100% of donations made to The Truth 365 will be used for childhood cancer research. Research grant applications will be reviewed by members of our Medical Advisory Board through Proposal Central. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
AWOCCF IRS Tax ID: 27-0811733.
Pick the type of fundraiser that is most convenient for you! Celebrate and honor children who have been affected by cancer by hosting real-life or virtual events or rallying family members, friends, and colleagues through an online campaign to increase childhood cancer awareness.
Start planning your fundraiser today! Please contact [email protected] for additional information.
Launch your own online campaign
- Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, wedding, bar or bat mitzvah, baptism, confirmation, or holiday – ask for donations in lieu of party gifts
- Start a fundraising challenge for your club or workplace
- Achieve your personal athletic goals (e.g. running a marathon) while raising money for childhood cancer research
- Honor children currently in treatment or survivors – allow family and friends to show their support by uniting in finding a cure for childhood cancer
- Memorialize a loved one – create a memorial fund as an alternative to establishing your own family foundation
- Participate in Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (every September)
Plan an Event
This list is meant to help you begin brainstorming the type of fundraising event that you want to create. The possibilities are endless! Once you find an idea that you want to expand, talk with family and friends to see if they will support your efforts.
- Blood Drive
- Happy Hours
- Restaurant Campaigns
- Pancake Breakfast
- Spaghetti Dinner
- Fashion Show
- Golf Tournament
- Dinner Dance
- Black-Tie Gala
- Yard Sale
- Custom T-Shirts
- Wine Tasting
- Casino Night
- Scavenger Hunt
- Lemonade Stand
- Dress Down Day
- Hat Day/T365’s Crazy Hair Day
- Bake Sale
- Car Wash
- Class Competitions
- Athletic Events
- Penny Wars
- Go Gold Awareness
- Backyard BBQ
- Costume Party
- Super Bowl Party
- Vacation Day Raffle
- Jeans Day
- Matching Gifts
If you are hosting a fundraising event for The Truth 365 and do not need any help, please contact [email protected] to let us know so we can publicize it.
Let us support you! We know people who have successfully planned and executed many of these types of events. Consider these important questions before moving forward with your fundraising event idea.
- Events are fun, but a lot of work. Is the money you expect to raise worth the effort of the volunteer time? If you are uncertain, consider if your time is better spent launching your own online campaign or enhancing an existing event.
- Will your event raise at least twice as much as it costs? It’s preferable to raise 3-4 times the cost.
- Have you allowed at least 2-3 months to organize your event?
- Is your event appropriate for a childhood cancer organization?
If you answered YES to these questions, please continue to Start Today.
We are interested in partnering with you to find a cure for childhood cancer! Please contact [email protected] to discuss your ideas.
Awesome! The final step in this introductory process is to share important details with us by completing this information form. Please contact [email protected] for assistance.
- Please give a brief description of what you’d like to do
- Proposed time frame
- Additional notes / comments
If you are interested in planning an event or activity…
- Please give a brief description of the event or activity
- Proposed date and time of event
- Does this location require you to have insurance?
- Estimated number of event attendees
- What is the individual ticket price or cost of participating in your fundraising event or activity?
- How much money do you expect to raise?
- How much will this event/activity cost?
- What portion of the estimated net proceeds will be contributed to The Truth 365?
- If there will be any other beneficiaries of the event proceeds, please identify them
- Has this event been done before?
- Who do you plan on inviting to participate in your event/activity? Who is your target audience?
- Is this a closed event or is it open to the general public?
- How will the money be raised (ticket sales/sponsorships/contributions/program journal/etc.)?
- Please describe what assistance, if any, you are requesting from the Truth 365.
- Additional notes / comments